Oulu, Finland, January 26, 2017 – Bittium will exhibit its products and solutions for Tactical Communications at IDEX defense exhibition on February 19-23 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The products and solutions to be exhibited are software defined radio based Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ (TAC WIN) system , Bittium Tactical LTE Access Point™ solution (Long-Term Evolution, 4G), Bittium Tough VoIP™ product family (Voice over Internet Protocol) and Bittium Tough Mobile™ LTE smartphone. These products and solutions are based on the latest software and device technologies and enable comprehensive broadband data transfer and IP calls across the battlefield. At the exhibition stand (Hall 7, 07-A21) Bittium will demonstrate the field applicability of these data transfer and communication solutions, which are essential in the battlefield. In addition to these products and solutions, Bittium’s Medical Technology products Faros, BrainStatus, and NeurOne are demonstrated for field and research purposes.
- Bittium TAC WIN is a high-performance wireless network solution enabling quick and flexible construction of link, point-to-multipoint and MANET (Mobile Ad Hoc Network) connections. The system offers broadband IP data transfer for mobile troops in all parts of the battlefield and also connects them to landline networks.
- Bittium Tough VoIP product family’s products enable tactical IP calls and broadband data transfer even in demanding conditions. Products are also easily integrated to existing IP infrastructure. The Bittium Tough VoIP product family was extended in April with Bittium Tough VoIP Service™ software product, which can be used to connect both fixed data network users and wireless tactical data network users to the same voice service network.
- Bittium Tactical LTE Access Point is a solution providing LTE access to the Bittium TAC WIN network. With the solution different troops can benefit from cost-efficient and high-speed multimedia data and VoIP services by using commercial smartphones as well as special terminals intended for authority use.
- Bittium Tough Mobile is a secure and durable Android-based LTE smartphone combining the latest information security and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers’ own and third party software security solutions. This dedicated hardware is essential for building layered mobile security solutions. In addition, Bittium Tough Mobile’s features include for example a programmable Push-to-Talk button (PTT), glove-usable 5” full HD display, IP67 level water and dust protection, and MIL-STD-810G level shock resistance.
- Bittium’s Medical Technology products showcase real-time biosignal acquisition solutions for fighter training and battlefield physical and mental condition measuring, and for military research purposes. The solutions demonstrated are Faros ECG Mobile, BrainStatus emergency EEG and NeurOne EEG measuring device.