The Ginetta G57 continues to be the prototype of choice for the 2017 V de V Endurance Championship with six cars heading to the iconic Circuit Paul Ricard this weekend (26-28 May).
Airborne Warning and Control System upgrades improve radar, simplify maintenance
OKLAHOMA CITY, May 23, 2017 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] has completed a series of upgrades that substantially enhance the technological capabilities of Saudi Arabia’s E-3A Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft.
News broke today of follow-up worm to the WannaCry malware was used in a global cyber-attack last Friday. WannaCry used a pair of NSA hacking tools to spread and install malware, EternalRocks has a further five NSA tools in its malicious toolbox, making a total of seven. This makes it more dangerous in terms of being able to potentially infect more PCs in an even swifter manner than WannaCry managed.
Following a news report that Russian investigators have uncovered a hacking campaign where “malware planted on Android mobile devices [was used] to steal from domestic bank customers”, Javvad Malik, security advocate at AlienVault calls for mobile users to be more aware and to understand the risks associated when accessing information from insecure sites saying:
News broke yesterday that a new worm has been discovered, following on from the WannaCry malware that caused such global devastation over last weekend, which uses seven of the Windows SMB exploits leaked by the ShadowBrokers, creating a worm that has been spreading through networks since at least the first week of May.
New post on Julian Stockwin
– The first French event to be 100 % dedicated to foiling boats and boards.
– 4 days of racing on foils from 18th – 21st May.
– 5 disciplines on the same race area.
– Over 100 competitors from 9 different nations.
– 1st World Foiling Stand Up Paddle Event.
– Various onshore activities and entertainment.
– Rights-free photos and videos are available daily during the event.
Skippers looking for consistency
Pro Line Fusion® provides a turn-key integrated avionics solution to meet aviation regulatory mandates while modernizing the flight experience.
- Only turn-key integrated avionics upgrade for the Challenger 604 aircraft that complies with aviation regulatory mandates and updates display technology
- Modernized flight experience through touchscreen navigation, synthetic vision, and graphical flight planning
GENEVA, Switzerland (May 21, 2017) – Rockwell Collins today announced a new Pro Line Fusion® integrated avionics upgrade for the Bombardier Challenger 604 aircraft. Working closely with Bombardier as the original aircraft manufacturer and Nextant Aerospace as the installation design certification lead, this sole all-in-one solution will comply with pending mandates while modernizing the flight experience for pilots. The Pro Line Fusion upgrade is expected to be certified by fall of 2018 and available exclusively through Bombardier and Nextant Aerospace.
“The Challenger 604 is a highly-valued, long-haul aircraft that owners want to continue flying well into the future,” said Craig Olson, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “This becomes the third aircraft platform to have the Pro Line Fusion aftermarket upgrade option, continuing our ongoing effort to provide owners with a means to keep their aircraft relevant with modern technology, enhanced situational awareness for pilots and aviation regulatory mandate compliance.”
The Pro Line Fusion upgrade replaces the factory-installed CRT displays with three 14.1-inch widescreen displays which feature advanced graphics, configurable windows and touchscreen interfaces. This upgrade brings a whole new set of beneficial options to the Challenger 604 aircraft, including:
- A fully loaded package of baseline equipment for operation in modernizing global airspace—ADS-B mandate compliance, SBAS-capable GNSS, localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches, radius-to-fix (RF) legs and more
- Optional FANS and Link 2000+ EASA mandate compliance
- Synthetic vision as a standard feature, including extended runway centerlines with mile markers to better orient the pilot from top of descent through final approach
- Touch-interactive maps with eyes-forward flight planning, real-time onboard weather radar overlays, and special-use airspace and search patterns for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload
- Geo-referenced electronic navigation charts that display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches and on taxi
- Easy and fast database updates using a standard USB drive port on the front of the displays, or the optional Aircraft Information Manager (AIM) wireless data loading service.
To ensure compliance with aviation regulatory mandates and to take full advantage of this opportunity, owners can contact Bombardier or Nextant Aerospace to start planning for the upgrade.